Functional Role Description:
We are looking for Project Engineers (PEs) to join the Hard Hat Services team. PE is responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the overall development and execution of small- to medium- (typically up to $1MM fee) projects including project profitability, safety, and client satisfaction and controlling available resources, project scope, schedule, budget and contractual requirements. The PE possesses basic/general knowledge, understanding and experience with basic engineering and construction. The PE demonstrates good communication skills (verbal and written) and assists with planning and scheduling functions and a basic understanding of contract administration and basic safety requirements and expectations. The PE serves as an assistance to the PM, as a point of contact for the client and other outside consultants concerning the project.
- Assists the PM with completion of defined work scope for a project between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project specifications and reviews progress as drawings are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and prepares Change Authorizations as required.
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Recognizes and identifies key project issues/problems and works with PM to establish objectives and priorities in solving them and determines solutions and directs their implementation.
- Supports business and relationship development activities of the Petro-Chem Business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2+ years project experience in a consulting organization
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline, or Construction Management
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract/liability issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- Frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include weekdays, nights (second shift), weekends and/or holidays.
- The job will generally be performed at Hard Hat Services’ office, but may require occasional overnight travel to the Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site.
- The employee may be assigned to work at a Client’s office, facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply. When performing outside Hard Hat Services’ office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Hard Hat Services and/or Client, as required.