Our project management skills are the
cornerstone of our company.
Hard Hat Services (Hard Hat) effectively controls the cost, schedule, and performance of the project, in accordance with our clients’ expectations. By involving our clients in the decision making process, we build an effective team from inception. From there, we can assume full responsibility for the project, and keep you as involved as you wish to be.
We also offer this expertise as a stand-alone service for our clients who need project management. Our web-based PM services allow our clients to access their project information, including updated schedules, communications, project deliverables, costs, and meeting agendas and notes, at the click of a mouse.
Efficient and effective design
from start to finish.
As construction manager, Hard Hat employs a team of professionals that applies effective management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project. We work closely with our client and our project team, including design engineers and construction contractors, to achieve the programming, cost, quality and schedule objectives. Our expert staff also provides cost estimating services and carefully chosen competitive bids to achieve the best quality from reliable resources. Critical Path Methods (CPM) scheduling provides the clear control needed for meeting deadlines. A sophisticated cost/schedule control system allows tracking and forecasting from first estimate through project closure.
Hard Hat has extensive experience in:
- Critical Path Methods (CPM) Scheduling
- Agent CM or At-Risk CM Services
- Single Point of Contact Convenience
A flexible approach
Hard Hat provides civil, environmental and industrial engineering and design services for numerous project types and various industries.
- Oil & Gas
- Food & Beverage
- Solid Waste
- Real Estate
- Heavy Industry
A representation of project types include:
- Construction & Project Management
- Dredging/Sediment Restoration
- Coal Combustion Residual work
- Solid Waste and Landfills
- Water/Waste Water
- Process Design
Please visit our Projects and Markets pages for details.
Hard Hat has proven site development and field experience. Whether a project is a few acres or several hundred acres, each project gets the same attention to detail and personalized service. We can provide surveying services to layout initial grade stakes, to update intermediate grades, or to document as-built conditions.
From clearing and grubbing, erosion control, grading and excavation, wetlands mitigation, stormwater management, storm sewer and sanitary installation, and other related utility work, the job will be completed to your satisfaction, every time.
Hard Hat has extensive experience in
- Site Grading
- Drainage and Hydraulic Retention Structures
- Well Installation and Monitoring
- Utility Installation
- Concrete Foundations and Slab Work
- Pre-Engineered Buildings
- Construction Management
Corporate & Advisory Services
Invaluable insight based on years of experience in numerous fields.
Hard Hat serves as a subject matter expert, professional advisor and go-to technical resource for Global Corporations, Power Generation Companies and Multinational Engineering & Construction Companies. Our niche skills and breadth of knowledge help industry leaders and innovators navigate risk and keep ahead of regulatory and compliance issues.
Hard Hat has served in the following professional capacities:
- Owner's Engineer
- Consulting Engineer
- Expert Witness
- Liability Consulting & Management
- Interim Facility Management & Oversight
The Hard Hat estimating group utilizes the latest software to estimate costs for equipment, utilities, buildings, construction services/costs and more. Total Investment Cost (TIC) estimates (from conceptual +/-50% to detailed +/-10%), are based on industry benchmarked data, previous experience, communication with field personnel, clients, vendors and engineering.
Our estimating team utilizes some of the following software and resources:
- Aspentech (In-Plant and Capital Cost Estimator)
- RS Means Costworks
- Richardson Cost Index
Hard Hat provides cost control for all sizes projects/services. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Weekly, Monthly or Quarterly project status reports
- Evaluating data to determine Earned Value
- Track project budget(s), spend to date, forecasting future spend, accruals
- Detailed WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Utilize existing client WBS
- Develop a new WBS, based on project/client needs
Planning and Scheduling
Hard Hat will provide a project plan and/or schedule, to fit each project’s specific needs. We understand the full cycle of a project from Front-End Loading (FEL) 1 through Detailed Engineering (FEL4) and Construction/Implementation.
- Interactive planning session(s) through development of the master CPM schedule.
- Coordination with operations, engineering, maintenance, procurement, contractors
- Assigning resources and associated costs
- Regular updates of activities and progress
- Two-week look ahead, milestone, and monthly schedules
- Entire program of projects
- Individual projects
- Turn-around/shut down related projects