Functional Role Description:
We are looking for Construction Managers (CMs) to join the Hard Hat Services team. CM oversees total construction efforts on small to medium projects (up to $10MM) to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, schedule, and safety parameters. The CM interfaces with client, A/E, union, subcontractor, security, and safety representatives. CM’s plan, coordinate and/or supervise field activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s). The CM implements division strategy and policy, manages daily operations, develops/builds/trains required technology capabilities and related tools. CM’s support the proposal efforts and business development activities required to obtain design/build and EPCM contracts.
- Develops and manages the construction schedule for all contractors assigned to a project.
- Coordinates day-to-day construction site activities.
- Supervises the work of contractors onsite and ensures that all construction is in compliance with design specifications, is completed on schedule, adheres to budget and is built to quality standards.
- Ensures all safety requirements for Hard Hat Services, client organization, and local/State/Federal authorities are met.
- Communicates regularly with client, Hard Hat staff, and other consulting organizations to provide status updates.
- Identifies resource needs for proper Construction execution and tracking/monitoring
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10+ years experience in on-site Construction Management
- Working knowledge of construction means, methods, and standards
- Significant project management experience
- OSHA Safety Certification (OSHA 10 minimum)
- Experience with and general knowledge of contract and liability issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- Frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- Occasionally will work at elevations exceeding 10 feet.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, nights (second shift), weekends and/or holidays.
- The job will generally be performed at the Client’s production facility or industrial/construction job site and could last for an extended period of time.
- May require occasional overnight travel to another client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Hard Hat Service’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Hard Hat and/or Client, as required.