Business and Portfolio Development:
The I&C Business Unit Manager develops and coordinates business opportunities in the various industrial process, power, energy, food and pharma industries through follow-up with existing contacts and/or new clients. The primary BD responsibility is to target and develop new clients. The Business Unit Manager identifies short and long term budgets, to support new and/or existing clients and identifies the corresponding need(s) for any required technical support.
The Business Unit Manager will be responsible for tracking budgets, changes and maintaining schedule(s), to meet the client needs.
Technical Direction and Support:
The I&C Business Unit Manager will identify project specific deliverables, needs, prepare data/information and perform detailed engineering calculations, provide deliverables, to support the clients/projects, or manages other technical resources within their Business Unit. The I&C Business Unit Manager oversees basic and detailed engineering design and documentation for review and approval, quality and ensures these meet the minimum client standards.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans, business objectives and relationship activities.
- Develops formal client strategies and plans.
- Identifies the strategic plan, and leads contact and development of relationships with new and/or existing clients.
- Makes direct contact with leads, prospects, prospective clients, influencers, and coordinates the activities of others
- Provided regular status updates and summaries of BD activities with target clients including contacts, communication, and results.
- Participates in developing strategies, specific to each new or existing opportunities.
- Identify and help develop strategic collaborations/partnering with firms offering complementary services to target market segments and/or clients.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable of instrumentation and control of process systems including one or more of the following: chemical, refinery, pharmaceutical, biotech, food & beverage.
- Must have experience in specifying instrumentation hardware (control valves, transmitters, controllers, etc.) and control systems hardware PLCs and DCSs.
- Ability to provide guidance to designers in preparing location plans, loops and panel drawings.
- Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technical reports.
- Develops technical specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of bids, and recommends best value design which meets client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Leadership in field work by checking installations and problem solving activities.
- Performs calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serves as Project Lead for single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Must be a self-starter that can lead other engineers and designers and work with limited supervision.
- Should have administrative skills to be responsible for forecasting and budgeting manpower.
- Should have first-hand knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- Provide quality checks and reviews of all project deliverables.
- Provides support and input for client proposals, SOQ’s, and presentations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years design engineering experience including PLC’s and ladder logic. Responsibilities will include P&ID preparation and selection, sizing and specifying instruments and control valves, field engineering and construction administration in a consulting organization.
- Candidates will have experience with specifying field instrumentation and process analyzers; specifying DCS/PLC hardware and wiring design is required; specification & installation in electrically classified areas; working knowledge of P&ID’s, PFD’s, loop diagrams, installation details, NEC/ISA standards; estimating engineering project costs.
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline
- PE license is preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is required
- Working knowledge of InTools is a plus
- Ability to program one or more control systems is a plus